Friday, March 6, 2009

update

So I haven't posted in about 2 months, as life has been crazy! So here are some updates. Rapha and I FINALLY got to the US! YAY! It was such an ordeal but it finally happened which is great! We've been here about 2 weeks and things are going well. Its so nice to be near my family again, I missed them so much! Our last few weeks in Brazil were mad chaotic between quitting my job, moving out, selling our things and moving to another country! Whoever has had the experience of moving, knows how much of a pain it is, multiply that by 100 and you'll understand what it is like moving from another country and trying to decide what to bring and leave, and how on earth you are going to fit your life (well in my case, the past few years) into 2 suitcases each!!! But we are here so that is what is important. So far I think Rapha likes it. He doesnt seem to mind the cold weather that much, I actually get much colder than he does! He just doesn't like the wind when its cold. He thinks his ears will literally fall off. And who knows, they just might. So I am working with my dad at his CPA firm and helping to prepare 1040s for the fabulous tax season. I'm not sure whats going to happen once tax season is over though. We are making plans for our sealing in the Palmyra temple for probably the 25th of april with a reception after since none of my family attended our wedding in Brasil. And I an FINALLY going to get to use my wedding dress! I am very excited!!! So please send me your addresses if you would like an invitation. I realize that unfortunately many of my dear friends and fam probably won't be able to come due to the timing, distance and money...but I would love it if some of you could come and be a part of our special day :) Well I guess this is all for now....

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Yippee and hooray, I am SO happy you made it the states. And the news of your sealing made my day. I'm s excited for you. Kenny even asked when it was to see if we could fly me up there (that's how excited I am) but I'm afraid it just isn't in the cards. Well, we're happy for you anyways. I'll email you my address, I'd love an invite.

Jazzy said...

Wow, that is all crazy, but great news! So happy you are home and I hope you're here to stay for awhile. Congratulations on your sealing. That truly is wonderful. Good luck with everything!

Claire said...

Yeah! I'd love to get an invite.

Adele said...

Hey Kristi!! How are you? I just was reading comments from back when my baby was born and found your blog again! Its so good to hear an update from you! I'm so excited for your sealing! That is wonderful! The Palmyra Temple is the same layout and design as the temple my husband and I were sealed in- Fresno! Congrats! That is so great! I couldn't imagine trying to move to another country!! We are moving to TX for a year in May and I am freaking out over that!! You're amazing for handling a move across an ocean!