Sunday, August 23, 2009

CPA

So on September 8th, I start school again. I'm super nervous, but excited as well! I will be studying "business administration" at a community college (focusing on accounting) then after 2 semesters I plan on transferring to a university, to get my bachelor's in accounting, and then (since it is now a requirement for the state of NY) a master's in accounting so I can sit for the CPA exam. My goal is to do this all by the time I am 29 (this gives me a little over 4 years which I hope will be more than enogh! I would prefer 3 years, but with the masters and the 4-part CPA exam, it will more likely be 4) So that is my plan! It feels so good to finally have a plan and some direction! Although I never though I would ever in my life become a CPA...!!!!!!! It feels good!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, how exciting. CPA may not be the most exciting job, but it pays well, and there will ALWAYS be a need for them. Good luck!

Rachey said...

I definitely never thought you would be an accountant, but I'm super excited for you, its great to have a path to follow. Good luck!

ixoj said...

Good luck.

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a good plan!